Tips on successful interviews
Being prepared for your interview is crucial and we would recommend the following:
- You need to do as much research about the company as possible prior to your interview.
- Prepare some questions to ask during the interview.
- Look smart and presentable, first impression counts and if you are not sure of the dress code, ask.
- Arrive 5-10 minutes early - being late for an interview is not acceptable whatever the excuse.
- Make good eye contact when you greet your interviewer and give a firm handshake.
- Smile and listen carefully to what the interviewer is saying.
- Ask questions about the job, growth prospects and the company's commitment to training and personal development.
- Be prepared with answers to competency-based questions which ideally relate to your work history.
- Keep your answers concise - try not to waffle.
- And finally let the interviewer know that you are interested in the job!