RD & A Technologist (Ref: 738)
Global Profilers is a Recruitment & HR Services firm specialized in recruitment in Africa. We are currently looking for an RD & A Technologist for a client of ours who is a food processing firm.
· Support the development of innovative & technically sound, food ingredient systems, with particular emphasis on:
· Instant Noodle Flavors
· Bouillon Cubes
· Snack Flavors.
· Work closely with Commercial Managers and fellow technologists in understanding the market or customer needs and offer the necessary technical solutions.
· Build relationships with key personnel within allocated accounts via telephone, visits, presentations and attending trials in manufacturing plants when required.
· Carry out competitor and product awareness analysis, attending sensory product evaluations where possible and carrying out own retail reviews required.
· Supervise factory mix or QC on first production trials of new recipes where required. Ensure new products are correct prior to being released from QC.
· Provide updates to the R&D Manager or Director about the progress and current results of the research program to ensure the involved persons are up to date with projects.
· Ensure that products developed are cost competitive.
· Attend regular meetings with account managers and customer service representatives to ensure objectives are being met.
· Remain fully flexible to meet business requirements.
· Ensure you are kept well-informed on the changes and developments related to Research and Development and that your knowledge is up-to-date within the context of new developments and legislation changes etc.
Qualification and Experience:
· Applicants should possess Food Science Degree or equivalent.
· Minimum of 3 years working in a New Product Development environment (demonstrates creativity, practical skills and enjoyment of food).
· Previous experience within culinary industry with expertise knowledge in processed/manufactured meat production and ingredients.
· Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously either in structured or non-structured work environment.
· Well-organized and methodical, yet flexible to changing priorities.
· Some lab management experience will be advantageous.