Database Administrator (Ref: 742)
Global Profilers is a Recruitment & HR Services firm specialized in recruitment in Africa. We are currently looking for a Database Administrator for a client of ours, who is an international investment and holding company with diversified interests and investments in Africa.
The Database administrator must be highly trained professional who will utilize cutting-edge software to store and organize the company’s critical data. The job holder will play the crucial role in coordinating the systems that data analysts use for translating numbers into strategic business plans.
· Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
· Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
· Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
· Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
· Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
· Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
· Provide 24x7 supports for critical production systems.
· Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
· Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team
Qualification and Experience:
· 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
· Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
· Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
· Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
· Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
· Ability to organize and plan work independently
· Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
· Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
· MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus